Moycullen Heritage have been invited to put forward a photograph depicting an aspect of Moycullen’s heritage with the objective of creating a postcard under the theme of Daoine agus Áit (People and Place). We would like to invite members of our community to get involved and submit a photograph of something they feel portrays Moycullen’s unique history or heritage, which includes built, natural, archaeological and intangible heritage such as music, dance, sport, crafts and traditions. We will also be producing our own photographs for consideration and we will work on a few lines of verse to compliment this postcard, which will be made available in the community for free over Heritage week.
The image should portray what you think makes Moycullen’s heritage unique and how it connects the community.
Terms & Conditions:-
- The photograph you submit has been taken by yourself / it is your own / you are fully entitled to use it.
- If the photo submitted contains any person or persons, those persons must have given their permission for the photograph to be used.
- By submitting a photograph, you grant to Moycullen Heritage/iCAN/National Museum of Ireland/Galway Community Heritage a full, irrevocable licence to use the photograph at any time and in any format for the purposes of this project or otherwise.
The postcard will be one of a collection produced by members of the Irish Community Archive Network (iCAN). iCAN is an initiative of the National Museum of Ireland and Galway Community Heritage, supporting community groups like Moycullen Heritage to collect, preserve and share their local history and heritage online. https://www.ouririshheritage.org/content/about/explore-our-network/irish-community-archive-network
Representatives of Moycullen Heritage are attending photography and creative writing workshops with other iCAN Heritage Communities and through that process one photograph will be selected for the Postcard.
- Postcard will be A5 in size
- The photograph should be at least 2MB. When submitting please select the option to send at ‘actual size’ so that the image quality is preserved.
- Closing date 19th June 2021.
- Submit to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries to Bernie at 087 6158306
We are always eternally grateful for the lifeline provided by Irish Community Archive Network (iCAN) / National Museum of Ireland / Galway Community Heritage. Their support enables our group record, preserve and promote locally and internationally the rich heritage we have on our doorstep in Moycullen.
Add a comment about this page