Geography of Moycullen comes into play this week. Enjoy the Quiz.
Answers will be posted here on Friday, 29 May 2020.
- Where is the highest point in the parish of Moycullen?
- What is Shanbaile Oghery known as today?
- Where is Castle Island in Moycullen and what family once resided in its castle, now in bare ruins?
- Near the summit of Newtown Hill there is a cairn of stones. What is the local name used for this site?
- Where is the Glaise?
- It has often been said there are 365 islands on Lough Corrib. How many islands are charted?
- Where is Tobar Lochlann (Danes Well)?
- Inis Camain or Inchacommaun on Lough Corrib is better known locally as _____ Island?
- Where is Poll an Fuisce (Whiskey Hole)?
- 3 carriages of an old Galway – Clifden train are said to remain in Moycullen to this day, where would you find them?