Quiz Number 12 (who would have thought we are over 12 weeks adhering to social isolation!). Answers will be posted here on Friday, 5th June 2020.
1. What decade did the last locally operated forge close down in the village, who ran it and where was it located?
2. Which one of Moycullen Heritage Trails highlights what is acknowledged as the best example of an esker and surrounding landscape west of the Shannon?
3. Who did the Moycullen senior hurling team briefly amalgamate with in 1963?
4. What season did the Moycullen basketball team win their first county final and against who?
5. Who was the Parish Priest for Moycullen during the famine years of the 1840s?
6. What year did the Moycullen senior football team first win the Comortas Peile na Gaeltachta and who was captain?
7. What year was the “old” Moycullen school (on the grounds of the current school) demolished to make way for the “new” school?
8. In which townland was the Moycullen train station situated between 1895-1935?
9. When was the road to Spiddal completed and who was the chief engineer/ designer?
10. What was the cost of posting a letter or parcel from Dublin to Moycullen in 1814? (hint- read the heritage sign near the Fuaran sign opposite the forge)