Why not use ‘Lock Down’ time by learning some of the rich History of Moycullen. Answers on Friday, 17 April 2020.
- Which saint gives his name to, not only one, but two holy wells in Moycullen?
- Who from the townland of Gortmore won a silver medal at the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm, Sweden?
- The lintel stone from Moycullen’s first primary school is still preserved on the grounds of the current Scoil Mhuire – to what year does it’s inscription refer?
- Where in Moycullen would you find Bearna na gCorp?
- After which delightful lady was Killarainey’s premises, Gáirdín Mháire, named (the building where you find Moycullen Veterinary Clinic/Community Christian Church/Le Chocolat Hair Studio etc.)?
- Natural Heritage Area (NHA) is a conservation designation denoting a protected area in Ireland. Where is Moycullen’s official NHA?
- What sport’s facility once stood on the site in Moycullen village where the café Enjoy is today?
- Name the gentleman, who once resided in Drimcong House, and was instrumental in the start up of Moycullen’s Co-Op in 1920
- Which 1969 Metro Goldwyn Mayer movie was partly filmed around Ross Lake and included many Moycullen locals as extras?
- Two games were played at the official opening of the sports field in Ballydotia in July 1972 – one camogie and one hurling – can you name the two teams in the hurling match?
This page was added on 13/04/2020.