This week our quiz reflects on military and commemoration. The answers will be posted here on Friday, 15 May 2020.
- What year did Moycullen Heritage (Cumann Staire Ruaidhrí Uí Fhlaitheartaigh Mháigh Cuilinn) unveil the Commemorative Stone in front wall of Áras Uilinn.
- Who placed the wreath on the Commemorative Stone at the annual commemoration ceremony last November, 2019?
- Moycullen Heritage maintain 3 commemorative lists, framed and displayed in Áras Uilinn (updated annually if further information comes to light) – From present list, how many men from Moycullen area died in World Wars?
- In 1916, who was the Captain of the Moycullen company of Irish Volunteers?
- Name the man from Tooreeney townland, who died fighting in World War 1 in the Australian Army?
- Name the man from Gortmore townland, who was in the Royal Navy, and died in 1917 and is buried in Moycullen Catholic Churchyard.
- State the surname of the two brothers from Moycullen who lived in Drimcong House who died in World Wars.
- A father and son from Moycullen, who both died in World War 1 are commemorated in what church in Galway City?
- Name the man from Clooniff townland, who was in the American Merchant Navy, and died during World War 2.
- Name the man from Cloonmore townland, who served with the United States Army, and was killed six weeks before the end of World War 1.
This page was added on 11/05/2020.