Date: Saturday, 3rd December 2016
Time: 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Place: Museum of Countrylife, Turlough Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Booking: Required (Suitable for 7yrs +)
Organisers: Irish Community Archive Network (iCAN)
Join members of the Irish Community Archive Network (iCAN) to discover some fascinating accounts of people, places, events and artefacts connected with 1916 and World War 1. These stories have been uncovered and commemorated by communities carrying out local history research.
- Introduction to the Irish Community Archive Network (iCAN) with project coordinator Lorna Elms
- Abbey, Co Galway: Fr Eugene Nevin CP – his association with the Irish Volunteers & the 1916 Rising.
- Claregalway, Co Galway: A Skirmish at Carnmore Cross 1916
- Louisburgh-Killeen, Co Mayo: 1916 and the Road to Independence as seen through the eyes of the children of 2016.
- Moycullen, Co. Galway: Rural men of Ireland Lost to WW1 – The Survivors
- County Wicklow: Wicklow Life and Stories 1916
- Woodlawn, Co. Galway: Frederick Trench – From Woodlawn to Mailly Wood
Bookings and more detail about these presentations can be found on the National Museum of Ireland website by clicking here.
(iCAN is a community engagement project of the National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, of which Moycullen Historical Society are Members.)